Saturday, July 20, 2013

Adventures in Glass

Here are some of the pieces I made in the Print on Glass class.  The class mixed screen-printing, decal, and fusing techniques.

 












Some of the cabochons I made.  I've made two of these into simple pendants already.  I love the glass cabochons.



Here are the surviving glass ornaments I made in a short glass blowing workshop.  We had five glass tubes to fill with glass frit and then heat over a torch, while constantly turning, then blow air into the tubes to expand the bulbs to make the balls.   It takes a lot of air to blow the glass out--esp if it isn't fully heated throughout.  The bulges in the glass show how uneven my heating job was.  The other two shattered while cooling and so never made it home.  I plan to try glass blowing again--maybe at a glass studio where you can work with the glory hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment